The Casström No.10 SFK is a robust full-tang knife that can handle all tasks in the wilderness for bushcraft, hunting, and survival. This is a knife that can skin a moose or split wood equally well.
No.10 Swedish Forest Knife, was the first knife that Casström designed, and therefore holds a special place in the Casström team's hearts. It’s even more satisfying to know that it is held in the same affection by those who use it!
The No.10 remains popular with outdoorsmen and women. Why? Because it’s a knife you can put through its paces, and feel confident that it won’t let you down. That is everything in a knife!
Briefly about the version Curly Birch with Fire steel/Stainless steel:
- Hand-finished oiled Curly Birch handle with an ergonomic design that gives a warm and comfortable feeling of natural wood.
- The fire striker steel has a matching handle and an Auermetall ferro-rod that consistently gives an even shower of sparks, regardless of the weather.
Sturdy welted sheath in vegetable-tanned European leather with draining hole and loop for the fire steel.
- Swedish Stainless steel 14C28N from Sandvik. The blade, following a special Cryogenic hardening routine, holds an edge really well even during very hard use such as wood splitting.
- Scandinavian grind, along with the steel properties, makes the knife robust, effective for wood carving, and easy to sharpen in the outdoors.
Casström proudly develops outdoor equipment in Sweden with an individual style of solid craftsmanship and attention to detail. This knife is entirely produced in Europe and comes with a 25-year warranty. If you are not entirely satisfied after your purchase, feel secure in the knowledge that you can return it for a full refund. Please check the warranty certificate for more details.
- Included: Fire Striker Steel (oiled Curly Birch), rod 60 x 9.5 mm, 12000+ strikes
- Grind: Scandinavian grind
- Handle: Curly Birch (from sustainable forestry), black liners, brass hardware
- Measurements: Total 22 cm. Blade 103 x 27 x 4 mm
- Sheath: Vegetable Tanned European leather, Cognac Brown
- Steel: Sandvik 14C28N (Stainless) with Cryogenic treatment, HRC 58-60
- Warranty: 25 years
This video by our good friends in America, CAS Iberia, gives a great overview of the No.10 knife.