The Casström No.10 SFK with stabilised birch handle and full-flat grind is perfect for hunting, fishing, and general use in the outdoors. A robust knife you can use to skin a moose, fillet a fish, or carve wood.
The No.10 Swedish Forest Knife, was the first knife that Casström designed, and therefore holds a special place in the Casström team's hearts. It’s even more satisfying to know that it is held in the same affection by those who use it.
The No.10 remains popular with outdoorsmen and women. Why? Because it’s a knife you can put through its paces, and feel confident that it won’t let you down. That is everything in a knife.
Briefly about the version Blue Stabilised Curly Birch/Stainless steel:
- Ergonomically-designed handle of beautiful curly birch wood with a polished finish. The wood is stabilised by vacuum injecting blue acrylics which makes it stable, durable, and resistant to moisture and dirt.
- Sturdy welted sheath in vegetable-tanned European leather with a draining hole.
- Swedish Stainless steel 14C28N from Sandvik. The blade, following a special cryogenic hardening routine, holds an edge really well.
- Full flat grind along with the steel properties makes the knife a great cutter, effective for a variety of tasks whilst remaining easy to sharpen. This type of grind is not optimal for batoning and prying but rather optimised for efficient cutting.
Casström proudly develops outdoor equipment in Sweden with an individual style of solid craftsmanship and attention to detail. This knife is entirely produced in Europe and comes with a 25-year warranty. If you are not entirely satisfied after your purchase, feel secure in the knowledge that you can return it for a full refund. Please check the warranty certificate for more details.
- Grind: Full Flat grind
- Handle: Blue Stabilised Curly Birch (from sustainable forestry), black liners, Aluminium hardware
- Measurements: Total 22 cm / Blade 103 x 27 x 4 mm
- Sheath: Vegetable Tanned European leather, Black
- Steel: Sandvik 14C28N (Stainless) with Cryogenic treatment, HRC 58-60
- Warranty: 25 years
The following video features Casström founder and CEO David Cassini Bäckström in his favourite place - the knife workshop! It gives useful info about knife grinds and a good look at the No.10 flat grind with stabilised curly birch handle. Enjoy!